“Austin Community 5K Walk/Run & Marketplace Festival”
The Austin P.O.W.E.R. Community 5K Walk/Run & Marketplace Festival is designed to showcase some of the best businesses, organizations and sites in the Austin Community. We are driven to this maintain the Austin P.O.W.E.R. 5K as an event to showcase the hospitality and unity of the Austin Community.
To enhance the Austin P.O.W.E.R. 5K & Festival local food and retail vendors are invited to participate.
CLICK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD SELECTED VENDOR PACKET!
Vendor Information Packet Coming Soon
Austin P.O.W.E.R. Partners: Austin African American Business Network Association [AAABNA], Helping Our People Excel Community Development Corporation [HOPE CDC], City of Chicago, and the 15th District Chicago Police Department.
In Collaboration With: Leaders Network, Chicago Park District, Austin Chamber of Commerce, Community Stakeholders, and Team WorldVision.
Applications are now being accepted for both food and beverages vendors and non-food and beverage vendors. Your application must be returned with the booth fee before September 10, 2015. Your payment will be refunded in full if you are not selected. Space is limited. Applications will be reviewed on a first-paid-first served basis as space permits. No refunds granted if vendor cancels after having been accepted.
- Spaces are sold in 10’x10’ size increments indicated on the application, all spaces are outdoors and some may be on grass.
- Exhibitors are responsible for providing their own booth and display materials.
- Setup begins at 5:00 am on the day of the event and concludes at 8:30. All vendors are required to vacate the area by 7:30 pm.
- The maximum cost for a food item is $4.50 [No Exceptions]
- The Austin P.O.W.E.R. reserves the right to prevent a vendor from selling or distributing any item deemed dangerous or inappropriate.
- Items restricted from site: illegal items, fireworks of any kind, pets or other animals.
- All accepted vendors will be expected to attend mandatory meetings and adhere to event guidelines.
The vendor fee for the Austin P.O.W.E.R. 5K & Festival is $150.00 and must be submitted with application. The fee will be returned in full if vendor application is not accepted. Venders [accepted and non-accepted] will assume sole responsible for any fees acquired for returned checks.
Vendor shall provide proof of General Liability Insurance to cover obligations therein.
RECYCLING & WASTE MINIMALZATION
In an effort to reduce waste and to exhibit concern for the environment, Austin P.O.W.E.R. requests that food vendor make every effort to minimize the amount of waste generated from their booth. We request that beverages be poured from cans, glass and/or plastic bottle into a disposable cup. Vendors are also requested to utilize serving containers that will minimize waste. The dispensing of post mix beverages reduces container waste. Finger food aids in reducing the need for serving containers and utensils. There will be trucks on-site for the collection of waste and recyclable materials.
NEED FURTHER INFORMATION?
After reviewing the Vendor Informational and Application, should you still have any questions, please contact Austin P.O.W.E.R. at (312) 646-2222 or contact:
- Malcolm Crawford of AAABNA at aaabna.com or (773) 626-4497
- Tim Brown of Chicago CAPS at email@example.com or (773) 743-1495