“Austin Community 5K Walk/Run & Marketplace Festival”
The Austin P.O.W.E.R. Community 5K Walk/Run & Festival is designed to showcase some of the best businesses, organizations and sites in the Austin Community. We are driven to maintain the Austin P.O.W.E.R. 5K as an event to showcase the hospitality and unity of the Austin Community.
To enhance the Austin P.O.W.E.R. 5K & Festival local organizations are invited to participate.
MERCHANT AND INFORMATIONAL VENDORS GUIDELINES & REGULATIONS
1. LOCATION/PARKING: The 2017 Austin P.O.W.E.R. 5K Walk/Run Festival will be held at and around the intersection of Chicago Avenue and Mayfield. Parking is available on area side streets unless otherwise marked.
2. CHECK-IN: Vendor check-in will begin at 6:30 a.m. on event day. We ask that vendor area set up be completed in totality by 8:00 a.m. All vendors must have a representative positioned at their assigned space throughout the event time frame.
3. ASSIGNED SPACE/MATERIALS: Vendor spaces are 10’ X 10’. If additional space is needed, please provide a letter specific to the exact dimensions required. Vendors will be provided one elongated table and two folding chairs. Venders are to provide all items thereafter.
4. UNLOADING/LOADING ZONES: At check-in you will be given your outdoor space assignment. Please plan accordingly in having your own assistants for unloading/loading your items; it is the responsibility of each vendor for their unloading/loading/setup/tear down. All vendors need to be completely set up by 8:00 a.m. All vendors must stay within your assigned space limit (10×10 spaces).
5. BREAK-DOWN RULES: We ask all vendors not to break-down until the event is over. The Austin P.O.W.E.R. 5K & Festival official hours are 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Vendors will be responsible for any damage caused to City property within their assigned area during the event, set-up and/or tear down.
6. ELECTRICAL POWER/WATER SOURCE: No electrical power nor running water is available.
7. SPACE ASSIGNMENTS: Assignments are based on space available, organization needs, and type of service. You will be assigned a specific space and location.
8. RESTRICTION: ALL weapons, fireworks and illegal items of all kinds are restricted from site. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CENSOR ALL VENDOR MATERIALS.
9. HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT: Organizations agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Austin P.O.W.E.R. 5K & Festival, agents and employees from any and all claims, causes of action and suits accruing or resulting from any damage, injury or loss to any person or persons, including but not limited to loss of property, goods, wares or merchandise, caused by, arising out of, or in any way connected with the exercise by the organization of the privileges herein granted. You agree to release Austin P.O.W.E.R. from responsibility and/or claim for loss, damage, or injury to your person or those representing your concession. Austin P.O.W.E.R. is not responsible for damage caused by acts of God or natural cause. Professional conduct is mandatory. Complaints and comments must be addressed with the Austin P.O.W.E.R. organization and not openly discussed with other organizations or patrons.
10. INSURANCE: Vendors shall provide proof of Commercial General Liability Insurance to cover its obligations hereunder.
11. FIRE AND SAFETY: You must comply with all pertinent fire codes, laws, ordinances and regulations for health, fire prevention and public safety.
12. WASTE AND CLEAN-UP: Please assist in keeping our facility clean. Before you leave, remove all garbage and deposit in the designated garbage bins at the event site and check your area for personal belongings. It is the vendor’s responsibility to clean their booth space prior to leaving the event.
13. CANCELLATION POLICY: Post acceptance, all fees are non-refundable as they are used in the promotion of this event.
14. RETURN CHECK: Vendors will endure all expense accrued from NSF check charges. 15. ANIMALS: Vendors are not permitted to bring pets or other live animals to this event.