“Austin Community 5K Walk/Run & Marketplace Festival”
The Austin P.O.W.E.R. Community 5K Walk/Run & Marketplace Festival is designed to showcase some of the best businesses, organizations and sites in the Austin Community. We are driven to this maintain the Austin P.O.W.E.R. 5K as an event to showcase the hospitality and unity of the Austin Community.
To enhance the Austin P.O.W.E.R. 5K & Festival local food and retail vendors are invited to participate.
CLICK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD SELECTED VENDOR PACKET!
Vendor Information Packet Coming Soon
Austin P.O.W.E.R. Partners: Austin African American Business Network Association [AAABNA], Helping Our People Excel Community Development Corporation [HOPE CDC], City of Chicago, and the 15th District Chicago Police Department.
In Collaboration With: Leaders Network, Chicago Park District, Austin Chamber of Commerce, Community Stakeholders, and Team WorldVision.
Applications are now available for Food & Beverages Vendors and Non-Food & Beverage Vendors. All applications and fees must be received on or before September 9, 2017 and are reviewed on a first-paid- first served basis. Fees will be refunded in full if application is not selected for participation. No refunds will be granted if vendor cancels after having been accepted to participant.
- Outdoor 10’x10’ size increments spaces are made available as indicated on the application. Assigned space may or may not be in grassy area.
- Exhibitors are responsible for providing their own booth and display materials.
- On the day of the event, vendors are permitted to setup between the hours of 5:00 am – 8:00 am.
- The maximum cost for any food item is $4.50 [No Exceptions]
- The Austin P.O.W.E.R. reserves the right to prevent a vendor from selling or distributing any item deemed dangerous or inappropriate.
- Items restricted from site includes but is not limited to: illegal items, weapons, fireworks of any kind, pets or other animals.
- All accepted vendors will be expected to attend mandatory meetings and adhere to event guidelines.
The vendor fee for the Austin P.O.W.E.R. 5K & Festival is $150.00 and must be submitted along with Vendor Application. The fee will be returned in full if vendor application is not accepted. Vendors [accepted and non-accepted] assume sole responsible for all fees acquired for returned checks.
Vendor shall provide proof of General Liability Insurance to cover obligations therein.
RECYCLING & WASTE MINIMALZATION
In an effort to reduce waste and to exhibit concern for the environment, Austin P.O.W.E.R. requests that food vendor make every effort to minimize the amount of waste generated from their booth. We request that beverages be poured from cans, glass and/or plastic bottle into a disposable cup. Vendors are also requested to utilize serving containers that will minimize waste. The dispensing of post mix beverages reduces container waste. Finger foods aid in reducing the need for serving containers and utensils. There will be trucks on-site for the collection of waste and recyclable materials.
NEED FURTHER INFORMATION?
After reviewing the Vendor Packet and Application, should you have any questions, please contact Austin P.O.W.E.R. at (312) 646-2222 or contact:
- Malcolm Crawford of AAABNA at aaabna.com or (773) 626-4497
- Tim Brown of Chicago CAPS at firstname.lastname@example.org or (773) 743-1495